Whew, what a month! We hunkered down and made some huge improvements to Foundation for the release of 3.2. Since its release, Foundation 3 has had some great traction and growth. As we worked through previous update, closed down tons of issues on Github and answered numerous support emails, we started seeing a trend. People love Foundation and are willing to put forth whatever effort it takes to get it working.
That being said, we weren't satisfied with this. We wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to understand how and why to use Foundation.
One pesky thing that kept creeping in — parts of the docs were either unclear or missing. What it came down to was our oversight on tiny details that we knew by heart, forgetting that the rest of the world might not. This prompted us to put some serious effort into reorganizing and rewriting parts of our documentation as part of our 3.2 efforts.
Docs, That's it?
Not quite, we were also busy committing 3's new jQuery plugin and updating parts of the existing ones. Without further ado, here's a quick rundown of what's changed with this release:
- Added Magellan, a plugin for building design agnostic sticky navs that know where you are on the page.
- Added Joyride, our plugin for creating tours of your website or app.
- Added Clearing, our new responsive image gallery lightbox plugin.
- Orbit now uses opacity on slide transitions, handles different sized images and can be swipable on mobile devices.
- Updated Reveal to work with embed videos.
- Added definition list styles.
- Added pricing tables UI element.
- Added mobile-#-up classes to use in conjunction with regular block-grid classes for a different mobile grid.
- Separated all media queries into their own file for dropping in with ease.
- Removed HTML5 Shiv from header since its included in modernizr.
- Added many new Scss variables to control styling for things like: topbar, clearing, joyride, pricing tables, etc.
- Bug fixes
But wait, there's more!
Since Halloween is right around the corner, we wanted to give you guys a few extra treats. Along with all the amazing updates to the core of Foundation, we've included 5 new HTML templates for you to download and start using today! We even got all Frankenyeti up in here!