Jeremy kicked us off this morning by inspiring the group to jump into the work head first. As part of the kick-off, we broke into 8 teams. Here's a list of the ZURBian team leads that are currently directing the first phase of work:
- Creative -- Tanya
- Print & Logo -- Chris
- Messaging -- Jackie
- Nonprofit -- Anthony
- User profiles -- Jonathan
- User metrics/traffic -- Louis
- Documentation -- Jeremy and Jordan
- Engineering -- Matt
Our first leg from 8:00am to 12:00pm is the most structured to get a running start to the day. From here we'll build off the opportunities the team's find and make ad hoc project teams. The teams broke out with 2-4 people with a ZURBian leading.
- Creative team- Goal is five mood boards with color, typography, asset and photo examples
- Print team- Goal is at least five prototypes of each print piece
- Messaging team- Goal is to do our Positioning with five tag lines, four bullets, and one description for each web property and print piece
- Nonprofit goals team-Goal is 45 opportunity sketches around their services, to visualize their service strategy, and do a competitive review
- User profiles team- Goal is to build Web Audit, Customer Profiles, and 45 opportunity sketches
- User metrics team- Goal is Analytics insights, 45 opportunity sketches based on them and focused on creating traffic
- Documentation team- Goal is to gather and present the team's work to our extranet. We'll link to these from the blog to help promote our process during the day. We'll need more help as the day goes on because we'll be doing a lot!
The big milestones we're working backward from should be pretty simple and easy for everybody to keep track of, but hard to hit!
- 8:00AM- Kickoff, short preso, Define phase teams, Print team, Creative team start
- 12:00PM- Opportunity preso, post-it votes, break into project teams Lunch!
- 6:00PM- Print file deadline + first big code merge
- 8:00PM- Website rough prototype up + Page List up in Foxhole
- Wee hours- Print materials arrive!
- Wee-r hours-Website launches
- 8:00AM Friday- Wrap up celebration of what we've accomplished.