Get your team up to speed on Foundation. In-depth custom workshops from the Foundation gurus. With the proliferation of devices, it’s now necessary for every designer and developer to design responsively. Foundation makes this possible. We can help you and your team get up and running on Foundation incredibly quick with our series of classes. You'll be taught by designers and engineers who work on the framework's code base every day.
Contact Us About In-Person Team Training
Companies That Partner with University for Training
Learn the Right Design Skills to Move Your Business Forward
Our process, called Progressive Design, will give your team design mastery through collaboration, rapid prototyping and iteration.
Learn to work collaboratively and rapidly build products for any screen size. Quickly take ideas from concept to prototype, while ensuring that products work across multiple devices.
Build Real Products
Our complete curriculum gives you all the skills and methods you need to build great products for the real world. These methods include better verbal and sketching techniques, rapid prototyping, iteration, coding and more.
Learn From Experts
Our instructors are design practitioners. We don't just teach these methods, we battle test them through our internal projects and Studios work. You'll learn directly from those designers who practice Progressive Design on a daily basis.
Training Tailored to Your Team
We offer real-time, in-person group training for your entire team. Choose from a variety of classes and topics and create your own custom training session.
Training Tailored to Your Teams' Needs
We work together to come up with a curriculum that matches the needs of your teams.
Multi-topic Immersive Training
We craft a syllabus that covers topic areas your teams want to learn most — from rapid protytyping and iteration to design collaboration.
Taught by Practicing Designers
We have nearly two decades' worth of product design under our belt and we'll teach you the processes we use on a daily basis.
We'll Meet You Anywhere
You don't have to move a limb — we'll come to you! Or you can come to us at our fully-equipped learning space.
Taught by practicing designers
We don't just talk about things, we practice them, every day. You’ll learn from the ZURB team of product designers.
Bryan is our fearless leader and chief instigator. Hailing from the Stanford Product Design program and getting his roots from IDEO, he has advised more than 200 startups on how to build digital products.
Brandon is a mastermind when it comes to responsive design. He contributed several key components and of the latest version of our responsive CSS framework, Foundation.
Marketing guru Daniel Codella brings his experience in sending emails and maintaining customer relations to ZURB, where he practices creating campaigns, sending and receiving customer emails daily.
These are only a few of the awesome instructors who teach our courses. Check out the whole ZURB team »
Contact Us About In-Person Team Training
Get the right training for your team
Whether it's Responsive Design, coding with Foundation, or Product Design, we got you covered. We put together an example of custom training we've done in the past. We put together an example curriculum below.
- Getting started: The quickest way to get Foundation configured and installed.
- Explanation of mobile first approach: Use the mobile-first grid to get support for the largest number of old devices.
- Explanation of the flexible, powerful grid: Learn how to quickly build complex responsive layouts using the Foundation grid.
Prototyping With Foundation
- Navigation: How to quickly implement 5 common navigation patterns
- Typography: Great looking type and vertical rhythm right out of the box
- Block grid: Get elements to line up easily
- Panels: Highlight content or sections of your page
- Buttons: Create clear calls to action by just adding a style
- Forms: Layout inputs, selects, and labels to create easy to use forms
- Visibility classes: Show different navigation or content elements for different devices
Introduction to Sass
- Installing and compiling Sass: The quickest way to get up and running with Sass
- Nesting: Stop repeating the same CSS selectors over and over again
- Mixins: Write CSS that can be easily reused
- Math: Make your CSS maintainable by calculating values rather then hardcoding them
- Color functions: Generate color values rather then updating them all by hand
- @extend: Inherit styles without having to duplicate selectors
- @import: Load shared stylesheets to make dependency management a snap
Using Sass in Foundation
- Creating a Foundation project with Compass and Sass: The quickest way to get started
- Variable settings: Customize the components in Foundation without writing any CSS
- The grid: Build with the grid and semantic markup
- Buttons: Make Foundation buttons without adding presentational classes
- Button groups: Organize buttons into navigation elements
- Alert Boxes: Use mixins to create alert boxes
- Panels: Call attention to navigation or content