Bryan had a great time chatting with Loreta Tarozaite of EnterSiliconValley about the humble beginnings of ZURB and the values, skills, motivations, mistakes and advice that have helped us grow over the past 13 years. Loreta tried to capture Bryan's personal journey and the hardships of building a company. Below are some of the highlights from their interview.
3 Necessary Skills For Starting a Business
- Know How to Sell
- Know how to manage your cash flow
- Know how to communicate your story and mission
The Biggest Mistake Bryan Made
Building a product that was not aligned with the company's mission.
3 Qualities of a Great Founder
- Understanding the difference between desire and passion
- Perseverance ' ability to withstand criticism and push forward
- Approachable ' ability to be accessible to emplyees/customers.
It's Not About the Thing, It's About People.
Many entrepreneurs think that their business is about a thing — the product that they are building. That's a big mistake. Business is not about the thing, it's about the people. Focus on people, not 'the thing'.