We are constantly seeing tweets from excited readers of new and old blog posts on ZURBlog, so we decided to put together a roundup of the most popular posts of the last year. We've left implementation posts out of this roundup, in favor of focusing on product, business and strategy tips and tricks.
Critique a Web Page in 30 Seconds or Less
To develop an eye for what works on a website and what doesn't, there are a few simple techniques that help you critique your website in 30 seconds or less. How Facebook Uses Data w/ Head of FB Product Design
To boost uploads, Facebook switched from a java/flash-based Facebook file selector to a browser native file selector, which increased uploads by 11%. They have also streamlined the upload process by taking out the Album Creation before uploads. Innovating the Mobile Experience w/ VP of Design at Palm
Design is just 5% of a world class product and experience. Marketing, sales, distribution, [and] procurement are what makes up the other 95%. Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you suck forever! Three Kind of Lies (with Data)
Since 80% of statistics are made up on the spot (as four out of five dentists agree), how do you find patterns in your data to help you make the right changes and not screw it all up? Why Workflows Work better Than Sitemaps
It turns out that workflows are more specific than site maps because they more closely reflect the actions a particular user will take through a website or application. Six Tips For Avoiding Website Roadblocks
How do you push your website projects forward without getting stuck along the way? How do we deal with the bigger issues designers face when launching a web project? The Cost of a Website
Someone recently asked a member of our team what it costs to make a website. Since a lot goes into building a site, that's a pretty vague question with an equally vague answer. Somewhere between $0 and hundreds of millions, and maybe even a billion. 110 Interactions for Editing Annotations
Inspired by Bill Scott's talk here at ZURB, we decided to use his Interesting Moments Grid to try and communicate part of Bounce's annotation feature. Fewer Engineers Please
There's no doubt that engineers are an incredibly important component of a design project. That said, we're going to see a need for fewer pure engineers over the next couple of decades, and it won't be due to outsourcing. Design Standing Up
This may sound nutty, but here at ZURB you'll often find us standing at whiteboards to think out design problems. In fact, we have nineteen of them scattered about the office.
Got a favorite post we ommited from this list? Let us know in the comments.