I has been really amazing to see the community and support grow around Foundation. We are constantly humbled by those who use it and love seeing how people use it in ways we didn't even imagine. Making things easy to customize while staying as semantic and lightweight as possible is a huge goal for Foundation. As we continue to work on Foundation, people come up with features they think would rock and we do our best to make it so.
We've been working hard over the last couple weeks to incorporate new features into Foundation that make it even better than before! Today we are excited to announce the release of version 3.1 of Foundation, go get it now at https://foundation.zurb.com.
So What Do We Get With 3.1?
You won't have to worry about anything really major changing but we do have some new UI elements and add-ons that will make your life that much better! These updates include:
- Downloadable HTML template pages that can be copy/pasted into an existing project or added to your project upon downloading from the customizer.
- The Add-on's section includes a round-up of all the playground pieces, etc that aren't officially included in Foundation, but built to work with it. This includes: Templates, Icon Fonts, Off-Canvas Layouts, Responsive Tables, SVG Social Icons, and Omnigraffle Stencils.
- Foundation now includes a responsive top navigation bar. You have control over when it snaps into the mobile layout and what you include in it. We've made it really easy to customize using Scss or our download customizer.
- Right-to-left language support straight out of the box. You can adjust this in the settings.scss file or upon downloading with the customizer.
- New UI Styles for Progress Bars and Image Thumbs.
- Updated to include jQuery 1.8.1
- Orbit thumbnail documentation.
- Better Reveal size documentation.
Whoa! That's a lot of awesome stuff, right? We're pretty excited to start using 3.1 on our projects and can't wait to see how people use the new UI elements and templates. If you'd like to submit a template, submit it via Github or email us at [email protected] and we'll try to add it in!Check it out now »