Foundation 6 transformed the way we design and build the web, and the 6.4 release did it again with the brand new XY grid. In this 4-hour live webinar class, you'll gain a comprehensive understanding of the new grid, navigation, menu, and other interactive components that are a part of Foundation. Foundation is the world's most advanced front-end framework, and you can learn it from the team who builds it. If you have a basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and want to become an amazing front-end developer, this class is for you.
What The Course Covers
The XY Grid
Learn how to build flexible and complex responsive layouts with the brand new AMAZING XY Grid.
Quickly build interactive prototypes so you can get from idea to website in less time than ever.
Add vast amounts of interactivity to make your websites come to life without writing custom code.
What You Get
- Live interaction with the Foundation team. Ask questions and get immediate answers.
- A video recording of the session and materials to reference later.
Learn from the ZURB Foundation Team
Here are your instructors that are teaching this class.
Tim is a ZURB designer and a key contributor to Foundation. He has many Foundation projects under his belt, and will be bringing you up to speed on getting started with Foundation 6.
A troubleshooting master and Foundation expert, Rafi manages the Foundation Forum. Rafi Benkual managed people, stores and small organizations before joining ZURB as our Customer Advocate.
Laurel is a designer at ZURB and one of the authors of ZURB's popular "Zero to Website" guide. She'll cover navigation and menus to ramp up your prototyping skills.
Master the Powerful Framework Used By...
People are Raving About Foundation Training
Here's a few words from folks who took the course.
The presentation was very clear and concise. It was obvious that you guys enjoy working on Foundation. I walked away excited about the possibilities. Nice work!
North Virginia Community College
All speakers explained the components of the framework in a fun and engaging manner.
Very knowledgeable instructors. Great content that was covered in timely manner. Effective delivery mechanism. Great moderation.
What you’ll learn in this class
Using Foundation 6
Learn how to go from Prototype to Production with Foundation 6
9:00AM - 9:45AM PDT
- Getting started with Foundation: Learn the quickest way to get Foundation configured and installed
- Explanation of our mobile first approach: Use the mobile-first grid to get support for the largest number of old devices.
- Deep dive into our flexible, powerful grid: Learn how to quickly build complex responsive layouts using the Foundation XY grid.
Prototyping with Foundation part 1
Faster prototyping with Foundation UI components
10:00AM - 10:45AM PDT
- Block grid: Create evenly spaced blocks and get elements to line up easily.
- Source Ordering: Shift columns around between our breakpoints to dictate how responsive layouts are viewed.
- Buttons: Create clear calls to action by just adding a style.
- Typography: Get great looking type and vertical rhythm right out of the box.
- Callouts: Highlight content or sections of your page.
- Forms: Layout inputs, selects, and labels to create easy to use forms.
Prototyping with Foundation part 2
Faster prototyping with Foundation navigation components
11:00AM - 11:45AM PDT
- Navigation: How to quickly implement 5 common navigation patterns.
- Pagination, Breadcrumbs: Create useful sub-navigation patterns that create simple user flows.
- Magellan: Build a solid navigation that scrolls users to the content they want to see.
- Visibility classes: Show different navigation or content elements for different devices.
12:00PM - 12:45PM PDT
- Toggler: Creating your own plugins with toggler and using Motion UI to animate them.
- Reveal: Create dead-simple responsive modals and add Motion UI animations.
- Dropdown Pane: Organize multi-tier content — just add links and go.
Why our class format rocks
This class is presented live by members of the ZURB team! You'll get a chance to interact with us directly.
We conduct the class online via GoToTraining, so you can attend from anywhere in the world.
Get all your questions answered during the live Q&A sessions. Each class topic is paired with dedicated Q&A time.
Keep the recording
After you complete the class, we'll send you the class slides, examples and the recording so you'll always have it to reference.