Business Developer at ZURB
Wanted: A business Developer who snatches opportunities to get the win
About the position
You're passionate about making business connections and building ongoing relationships. You have the ability to navigate customers through a variety of choices so that they get the service that best suit their needs.
We're a team of driven product designers, engineers and writers who excel at rapid prototyping, multi-device design and teaching people how to do both. We've been around since 1998 creating world-class products that hundreds of millions of people actually use. We believe Design, with a capital "D", can change the world — and we ensure that it does. Our efforts get a lot of attention. It's up to a Business Developer to turn that attention into working relationships.
We listen to our customers to understand their business, product and design problems. Then we map our services to meet their business and user needs.
A typical day will be spent working within our four business activities — Studios, University, Foundation and our Product Suite. You'll connect with our customers, evaluating their needs and educating them on which of the four activities, processes and design methods address them.
You'll structure the project with deliverables, milestones and budgets, all before having catered lunch with the team in our new Command Center. After eating, you'll close the deal, leaving customers confident that they're in capable hands. Through it all, you'll work with Roeland, who heads our business development. He'll coach you through it all. You'll go home knowing you've brought our customers one step closer to the solutions they need.
What skills are we looking for?
- Basic business knowledge, such as stages of a company, business revenue models and corporate culture.
- Design methods, including:
- The value of prototyping
- Multi-device design
- Differences between a marketing website, consumer app and Enterprise app
- Website and app development
- You can speak clients language, regardless of their business:
- Business of social media
- Business intelligence
- News & content services
- Gaming & sports
What you'll be doing
- Identifying customer problems within our four business activities — Studios, University, our Product Suite and Foudation — and outlining potential solutions
- Presenting ZURB's capabilities through public speaking, business calls, web conference calls
- Writing contracts for work and negotiating terms
- Closing deals
- Transferring the project to Design Leads and Accounts Payable
A little more about us
ZURB is a close-knit team based in Campbell, CA. We've been alive since 1998 (that's 91 in dog years) and have helped more than 200 start-ups to design some kick ass online products. Our customers range from large, well-known companies (Netfilx, Salesforce, Zazzle, Facebook, Yahoo, Britney Spears, and the New York Stock Exchange) to brand-new start-ups just finding their feet (Qik, Trap.it). They all came to us because of our reputation for delivering killer ideas that work.
Ready for world domination?
If so, just shoot us an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- A catchy subject line
- Your top 3 skills
- Your best teamwork tactic
- Your URL and résumé
- Why you want to work at ZURB
ZURB has a strong culture focused on business results, with a pleasant veneer of fun.
Roeland van Krieken, Business Developer