Accountant at ZURB
Wanted: An Accountant who can crush it with numbers
About the position
You're passionate about numbers, excel at spreadsheets and can crunch calculations like nobody's business. You like to make things add up with both the finances and the Team.
Who we are
We're a team of driven product designers, engineers and writers who are great at rapid prototyping, multi-device design and teaching people how to design. We've been around since 1998, creating world-class products that hundreds of millions of people actually use. We believe Design, with a capital "D", can change the world, and we ensure it does. We need your help to establish our accounting practices with our remote team to our internal office.
We're looking for someone with a diverse background in accounting, who isn't afraid to work in a scrappy environment. You might start your day shuffling through vendor invoices and ensure that they get paid then switch to making sure the Team also gets paid. You'll enjoy lunch with your fellow ZURBians, chatting about everything from the latest memes to the last movie you watched. You might finish your day filling out expense reports for those ZURBians going out of town for client meetings or speaking events. You'll work closely with Rene, our Controller, who'll coach you to get wins for yourself and the Team.
You'll go home knowing that you made a lot of things happen to keep our ship steady and a float.
What skills are we looking for?
As an Accountant, we'd like you to have the following experience:
- General understanding of accounting principals
- Thorough knowledge of Quickbooks, including ability to generate custom reports and export data to Excel
- Proficient with Excel, including creating links and complex formulas
- Strong commitment to accuracy, with the strong ability to resolve discrepancies
- Critical thinker and willing to take initiative
What you’ll be doing
- Accounts payable and cash disbursements, such as processing vendor invoices and payments
- Post payroll disbursements
- Prepare all expense reports for corporate travel
- Process sale orders, such as process customer contracts
- Accounts receivable and cash receipts, prepare customer invoices and process payments
- Prepare and process bank deposits
- Reconcile daily merchant credit card deposits
- Weekly reconcile the hours posted into our timekeeping tracker, Harvest
- Prepare weekly and monthly journal entries for product revenue, amortization of prepaid expense, accruals, etc.
A little more about us
ZURB is a close-knit team based in Campbell, CA. We've been alive since 1998 (that's 91 in dog years) and have helped more than 200 start-ups to design some kick ass online products. Our customers range from large, well-known companies (Netfilx, Salesforce, Zazzle, Facebook, Yahoo, Britney Spears, and the New York Stock Exchange) to brand-new start-ups just finding their feet (Qik, Trap.it). They all came to us because of our reputation for delivering killer ideas that work.
Ready for world domination?
If so, just shoot us an email to [email protected] and include the following:
- A catchy subject line
- Your top 3 skills
- Your best teamwork tactic
- Your URL and résumé
- Why you want to work at ZURB
I love ZURB because of the passion and creativity that’s fostered.
Rene Hight, Controller