Inflection is a profitable-from-day-one, fast-growing, consumer-facing big-data (whew!) startup in Silicon Valley. We're a unique startup in that we didn't raise any VC money or outside investors until 2010. We started the company with a clear business model and continue to iterate to make that model as scalable and effective as possible. Yeah, you could say we like to do things different and we do.
Inflection is on the hunt for a passionate Front End Developer that lives on the edge of technology and design. Do you like plugging away endlessly on tired old concepts while the internet marches on? That’s a bummer. Sorry. We hear the typewriter industry is in resurgence.
If, however, you want to spend each day basking in the satisfaction of realized potential, you should read on…
You've got moxie.
- You love building websites using emerging technologies
- You're best at crafting HTML/CSS code, but have an aesthetic eye for design
- You thrive on testing new ideas across millions of users
- You're not afraid to work with some of the most skilled engineers in the Silicon Valley
- You believe the work day should be dynamic, ever-evolving, and filled with free food
You're flexible (mentally--we have a yoga-free interview process).
- You're comfortable working within the design team
- Your eye for detail ensures our sites stay pretty, clean, and well maintained
- You like seeing features come to fruition and are able to jump into a project at any point in its lifecycle
- You thrive within our data-driven design culture, and can quickly react to changes and new feature requirements driven by our user analytics
- You're hip to the latest requirements for cross-browser compatibility and page optimization
You know your stuff:
- Extremely familiar with HTML5 and care about the semantic cleanliness of your markup. You hunt down unnecessary tags with the passion of a thousand Suns.
- Confident with CSS3 with the ability to leverage new features while supporting older browsers with graceful degradation; creating reusable selectors puts a smile on your face
- You love implementing responsive design and bring a mobile-first approach to your code
- Intuitive and excellent visual eye
- Robust portfolio with working samples
- You’ve worked extensively with some form of version management system (SVN, GIT, Mercurial, etc)
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance
Right now, we're only able to take applicants from the United States.