The purpose of this project is to make a well-designed audio editor for the iPad.
The audio editor should:
- Compete on user experience
- Implement the minimum amount of features required to cover the most common audio editing tasks
- Conform to the standard native UI idioms of the device and platform
- look and feel clean and minimal
- Make use of the surrounding ecosystem of audio apps through Audiobus and AudioPaste
Why another audio editor?
Existing audio editors for iPad cater for users where features are the most important factor. They borrow heavily from Desktop software idioms, and are hence visually cluttered and have many non-discoverable elements.
This audio editor aims to provide far less functionality than existing editors, but the functionality it does deliver will be highly optimised and meticulously well executed.
These wireframes represent a first-iteration sketch of the interaction design and user flow.