We're growing into something new. Read More
lirontocker

Liron Tocker

Liron Tocker commented on Julius Koroll’s post 6 years ago

Just realizing - is the contact button the correct CTA here? I think it's safe to assume that people would first prefer to check out the portfolio before contacting you, why not make the CTA into a link to the portfolio? Makes more sense in the user flow.

Liron Tocker commented on Julius Koroll’s post 6 years ago

is the "start" clickable? It looks like a button.

Liron Tocker commented on Julius Koroll’s post 6 years ago

Hah! Saw those guys at Saturn yesterday. Little children were terrified.

Liron Tocker commented on their own post 6 years ago

@leonya That's a good point I didn't consider! Alas, they are already being printed. Maybe I can flip them around for the next batch.

Liron Tocker commented on Mel Choyce’s post 6 years ago

Noobs.

Liron Tocker commented on Lu Wang’s post 6 years ago

I have to agree with @adamben. The location and color of the icons might prevent them from preforming, however only a proper A/B test will really bring in the data to back that up. I'd suggest differently colored buttons, perhaps in the body area closer to the headline.

Liron Tocker commented on Adam Benayoun’s post 6 years ago

I really like the idea, however I feel the tail makes the text harder to read by having it go through the i, o and n - especially in small sizes - there's not enough definition.

I would probably suggest to bring the letters closer together, extend the tail of the L downwards and to bring the swash outside of the letters entirely (or, maybe have just the tip of the tail tangle with one of the letters.

Liron Tocker commented on Kyle Bragger’s post 6 years ago

Joe Madureira (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…), the comic book artist, was probably one of my biggest influences getting into illustration (and later, design) when I was younger.

Liron Tocker commented on Matt Richardson’s post 6 years ago

@willkesling - I think your comment is a little misleading, it sounds like you're confusing the job of a web designer and a frontend developer. A web designer is a visual designer who does the visual design of a web site. A frontend developer is someone who translates it into code. There is no guarantee that a web designer does any frontend code by default, nor are they required to state this (although it helps if they do, just for clarification).

Application of frontend code is not an integral part of the job of a web designer. It it highly useful if they KNOW code (and if you ask me, necessary), however doing actual frontend development is not considered part of the designer's deliverable.

Liron Tocker commented on Max’s post 6 years ago

@TylerReckart - I have used both a small and a medium Intuos with a 23" screen and can honestly say that the difference isn't significant.

Liron Tocker commented on Max’s post 6 years ago

I've been using tablets for about 6 years, use a Wacom Intuos 3 at home and Intuos 4 at work. I use it for everything - not just for design work - my mouse isn't even connected to the computer.

Using a tablet allows you to have very precise control over elements on the screen. There is a bit of a learning curve, but one you get accustomed to it, it becomes an extension of your hand and feels very natural.

Liron Tocker commented on Jared Williams’s post 6 years ago

@taureanbryant - I'm not sure I'm following what you're trying to say :)