We're growing into something new. Read More
NiceTypography

Stan Grinapol  Pro

Stan Grinapol commented on st’s post 6 years ago

@rojo can't wait.

Stan Grinapol commented on st’s post 6 years ago

@dragonis @Rojo, really liking the potential of 3 an 6 merged together.

Stan Grinapol commented on their own post 6 years ago

@annete haven't sought about it from that standpoint, but this logo happens to be geared at a site that will be servicing all types of creatives, so no this is not necessarily a bad thing.

Stan Grinapol commented on Andrew Carr’s post 6 years ago

AWESOME WORK! c...

Stan Grinapol commented on their own post 6 years ago

It was not my intention of getting this turned into a heated topic. Here's my thinking. Starbucks logo goes back 40 years. It always had the siren on a black background. And it always had a green band. I understand the change of removing the text. And I think that's great but the move to put it in green goes against the grain. If they wanted to keep the green it could've been done by keeping some of the band. Not changing it entirely. To me it's too jaring.

Stan Grinapol commented on their own post 6 years ago

@elanor Awesome! thank you it would be amazing if the name would be f...s...f... but, oh well

Stan Grinapol commented on Giovanni Lauricella’s post 6 years ago

I have not seen the prvious youtube Icon but I wonder if you tried stacking it? Really nitpicky, looks like you could pick up forrst a few clicks. Overal Great set of icons!

Stan Grinapol commented on Designbyhype’s post 6 years ago

@rojo had a good suggestion, this will complete the loop, you might also want to look into tweaking top right and bottom loop it looks like it could curl up a bit sooner, it drops a bit low, your sketch has it right on target. Being nitpicky cause it's an amazing logo. Definitely says hype.

Stan Grinapol commented on Jay Kwong’s post 6 years ago

OOH!

Stan Grinapol commented on Dan Rose’s post 6 years ago

love the site @ShaneHudson I had the same feeling about the toolbar.

Stan Grinapol commented on imake’s post 6 years ago

see if you could kern the name out a tiny bit. just enough so that the white space around the name is even top and bottom as well side to side.

Stan Grinapol commented on st’s post 6 years ago

Rojo, after reading the original thread I have to say 6 addresses the problem really well. I also like 7