On February 16th, we started an open experiment on the transactional emails we send within our Foundation Forum. We changed a number of things, cleaned up the emails, *made them more personal, all with the goal of improving our click through rates and increasing engagement within the Foundation Forum. With our current focus on improving the way the world builds emails, we decided to do this experiment in public so that we both share our learnings and learn from the community about how to improve our emails. We received some really interesting, in-depth feedback on how we could have better set up the experiment and a number of unknowns that might throw things for a loop. Even so, we decided to let it ride as it stood and see how things turned out.
Now that we've let the experiment run for a couple of weeks, let's dive in and see what happened.
Overview of the Results
From Feb 18 to March 3, we sent 989 emails to the experimental group, with a 60.8% open rate...