Design for People
Oh Ya, I've Built That!
About the position
You love to figure out how things work. You probably built different websites for your love of Nautical Cats, Tacos and Micro Brewed Beer just because you wanted to try out some new code. You’re a tinkerer who get’s stuff done.
Who we are
We're a team of driven product designers who believe in rapid prototyping, multi-device design and teaching people how to design. We've been around since 1998, creating world-class products that hundreds of millions of people actually use. We believe Design, with a capital "D", can change the world, and we ensure it does. We need your help to build better products that solve problems and meet our customers needs.
What your day will look like
Working closely with the team, a typical day may consist of sketching for a client project while creating hi-fi wireframes for another or you might push some code for one of our apps. You'll work closely with Design Leads on presenting our work to customers. You'll pull up a chair and eat lunch with the team. You'll be coached through tough problems and challenge your assumptions. You'll go home knowing that you accomplished a great deal to create wins for our customers, our team and yourself. You will learn a lot and grow fast, which is just one of the many perks of being a Designer at ZURB.
What you bring to the table
As a designer we'd like you to have the following experience
- Strong background in design, specifically Interaction, Information and Visual Design
- Creating layouts and hierarchy, illustrations and compelling visual design elements
- Being comfortable with these would be nice: Foundation, Rails, jQuery, Sass
- Ability to clearly express yourself both in person and on paper
- Comfortable presenting your work to clients and working with feedback
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in an agency or successfully worked as a contractor
Other skills we're looking for
- Natural sense of curiosity, and maintains a strong point of view
- Interaction Design: Wireframing, Sketching, Prototyping skills
- Customer Relationship building, including writing email
A little more about us
ZURB is a close-knit product design team based in Campbell, CA. We've been around since 1998, have helped more than 250 startups design some kick-ass online products and created many of our own products. Our customers range from large, well-known companies (Netflix, eBay, Samsung, Mozilla, Foundation Medicine, and MobileIron) to start-ups such as (Docker & TalentSky). They all came to us because of our reputation for delivering killer ideas that work.
Ready for world domination?
If so, just shoot us an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- A catchy subject line
- Your top 3 skills
- Your best teamwork tactic
- Your URL and résumé
- Why you want to work at ZURB
Everyone at ZURB is crazy talented and super fun to work with. We’re always having a good time and the laughs are endless.